Friday, June 22, 2012

A Colourful Day In The Life Of: Fruit Loop Motor Skills.

So this morning I thought I would revisit colours with the kidlets to see how well their memory is. So I tried 'Fruit Loop Motor Skills' as we call it. It looks a little something like this... 

 
And this is how you do it :) Get a piece of Styrofoam & 5 bamboo skewers. Colour (with crayons, felt pens, dye or paint - I used crayons) each skewer one colour each - red, orange, yellow, green, blue & purple. Then place them in that order spike down into the Styrofoam. I first asked them to sort the fruit loops into the colours and place them on the corresponding skewers, then I asked them to name the colours in a row. To make things a little trickier for them I asked them to count the fruit loops on each skewer for me. So all in all, this nifty trick taught them motor skills (getting the fruit loops onto the skewers), colours, sorting AND counting all in one activity!

2 comments:

  1. Just found your blog on the The Sunday Showcase. Love this idea for the kids. Seems like it will keep them busy for a while! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea. I love seeing a fun activity and knowing I already have everything on hand to go do it. My little girl will love this. I just hope I can keep her from eating them all before she puts them on. By the way, I found you from the Sunday Showcase.

    ReplyDelete